SIA Licensing and security training

The Security Industry Authority (SIA) licensing for the contract security industry came into force January 2005 following Government Legislation. Within the Contract Security Industry all personal is to be licensed from 20th March 2006.

To be licensed you would be require to complete a training course in the field that you are to be licensed and then apply for the relevant licence's that you require. The main SIA Licence's are:

Manned guarding, which includes:
Cash and Valuables in Transit
Close Protection
Door Supervision
Public Space Surveillance (CCTV)
Security Guard
Immobilisation, restriction and removal of vehicles
Key Holding

SIA License

E&D Security Services recognises that it is essential for all personnel involved in the security industry to have undergone a structured programme of training and education resulting in recognised qualifications if they are to be effective and professional in their role. We organise training course for the relevant field which are acredtited with the appropriate certificate for your SIA licence's. Certificates are issued either by NOCN or EDEXCEL

CSCS (Construction Skills Certification Scheme) Licence Card

All major construction site require anyone that works on the site to have a CSCS card. This is to verify that they have passed successfully a health and saftey test and are able to move around a construction site without presenting a danger to themselves and to others

Most building sites would require the Security guards to be licensed by SIA only however some sites would require the security guards to check assignments inside the site therefore they might request for the Security guards to have passed a health and safety test and have a CSCS card. We have security guards that have these cards as well for these specific sites.